If you meet the criteria please fill out the form for your chance to receive a scholarship.
Helping you build your future.
All of the information that I have provided in this application and in the enclosed letters is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I certify that I am a Colorado resident, high school senior, enrolled in or applying for full-time enrollment to a two or four year college, university or vocational/technical school for the 2015 academic year. I hereby authorize AFFI to use any information contained in this application for the purpose of promoting and publishing the program or as legally required or permitted by law.
It is no secret that the number of African-American males on college campuses continues to be lower than others. The Asfaw Family Foundation International (AFFI) is working to address this disparity by contributing financially to the education of these young men. The “Aim High” scholarship program was established by AFFI to help increase the number of African American males enrolled in colleges and universities. In addition to their career goals, recipients should be committed to make a difference in the quality of life for others and his community. Criteria and requirements are listed below.
A student should meet the following criteria:
- Be an African American male
- Be a Colorado resident
- Have a 2.5 or greater Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Will graduate from high school in Spring 2017.
- Is actively working to prepare academically for admission to a college or university, demonstrating academic potential through a commitment to classroom work and assignments.
- Plan to attend a public or independent college or university.
- Financial need is taken into consideration.
REQUIREMENTS:1. Applicants must submit a 2-3 page Essay answering the questions below. (2-3 pages total, not 2-3 pages per question)
• How do you feel your college education will make an impact on society?
• How will you give back to your community?
2. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from either teachers, counselors, academic administration, or community organization representative
3. Copy of Official High School Transcripts (To be emailed by High School Counselor)
4. IRS 1040
5. Proof of Community Service in the past two (2) yearsThe deadline for submitting complete application packet is October 31, 2016
Incomplete applications will be disqualified. CHECKLIST:
Criteria for Applicants